Sunday, May 13, 2012

Learning How to Find a Job


We are not born knowing how to find a job.  As with all worthwhile activities, learning and practice are required to become proficient.

When I was doing research for my dissertation, I studied the job search seminars being conducted by the Texas Workforce Commission.  I found that individuals who attended the seminars obtained jobs faster than others.  In addition, measures of locus of control and life satisfaction improved after training.

This past week I contacted the Texas Workforce Commission (TWC) office in Richardson, Texas, and was pleased to hear that the job search seminars are continuing with a dedicated and experienced facilitator.  I am sure that such seminars are conducted at TWC offices throughout Texas and at similar state organizations throughout the U.S.

Since such job search training is being conducted at many churches and civil organizations, I encourage all unemployed readers of this blog to take advantage of this type of training for little or no charge.

Please comment in this blog or email me at glynjordan@gmail.com if you have attended job search training and found it beneficial.

Thanks!

Glyn


No comments:

Post a Comment