Wednesday, September 30, 2009

Think About Driving A Truck!

My wife and I just returned from a trip to Atlanta on I20 and returned to Dallas via Nashville, Memphis, and Little Rock on I30. There were hundreds of trucks on the road and only one Greyhound Bus.

Recently I had a client at SCORE who is a career truck driver investigating starting his own trucking business. He told me that he presently earns about $1.00 per mile driving his truck. He typically drives six days a week averaging about 500 miles per day; he said that his monthly income averages about $12,000.00.

If you are unemployed, I suggest that you consider driving a truck. I frequent hear ads for drivers on the radio and see ads in publications for drivers.

Please comment in this blog if you find this link helpful.
Thanks! Glyn

1 comment: