Monday, September 28, 2009

Location - Location - Location

Location, location, location is the phrase often repeated by real estate agents when discussing the value of a property. I am thinking that the phase may also apply to a job search.
Recently my wife and I took a trip to Atlanta to attend a wedding. During the trip we noticed many help wanted signs. It occurred to me that job seekers might quickly apply for such jobs if they only lived in the area.
So my advice to job seekers is to not let location limit your job searches. I know that relocations can be hardships on individuals and their families; however, being out of work is also a hardship. Perhaps a remote job will also included the possibility of telecommuting.
Please comment in this blog if you have been able to find a job by relocating either temporarily or permanently. Thanks. Glyn

No comments:

Post a Comment