Saturday, September 19, 2009

Networking and this Blog

I am trying to follow my own advice about networking in promoting this blog. I encourage all job seekers to use networking as a major emphasis in their job search. Taking this advice to heart, I have contacted churches, friends, relatives, previous employers, organizations where I volunteer, colleges and universities where I have attended and/or taught classes. Below is sample of the emails that I have sent:

_________, as a long-time resident of Dallas and a former IBM employee, I am semi-retired and a member of the University of Phoenix faculty. In addition, I am a volunteer for SCORE (Counselors for Small Business) and North Dallas Shared Ministries.

Recently I have created a blog containing information for job seekers. Please review the blog to see if it would be helpful to your students, members, or any one you know seeking a job.

http://gjbygj.blogspot.com (Getting Jobs by Glyn Jordan)

Please email or call me with any questions or comments that you may have.

Thanks!

Glyn

What are the results so far? I am not sure. However, I have not seen any posted comments todate, but, as I advise job seekers, I am not discouraged and continue to network.


Please comment in this blog about your reaction to its content. Thanks! Glyn

No comments:

Post a Comment