Sunday, July 7, 2013

Working on the Fourth of July



How did you celebrate the Fourth of July? 

On July 3 my wife and I had our weekly lunch at The Black Eyed Pea on Cedar Springs Road in Dallas.  As we were paying our check, I asked the manager if she had to work the next day – The Fourth!   She immediately replied “Yes, but I am happy to have a job!”

Her response got me thinking how great it is to be able for people to have meaningful jobs even it sometimes requires them work when they had rather be doing something else like celebrating a holiday.

Working to earn a living is not only a necessity but also a privilege.  

Hopefully you are finding satisfaction in your work. Unfortunately, that satisfaction disappears during days of unemployment.  It is my hope that the ideas contained in these blogs will assist all in finding meaningful work even if sometimes you have to work on the Fourth of July.    

If you find satisfaction in your work, please share your experience by commenting in this blog or emailing me at glynjordan@gmail.com.

Thanks, Glyn!




No comments:

Post a Comment