Monday, October 1, 2012

Energy and Job Search




The job of finding employment is a full-time job!  I often counsel individuals who say that they are looking for a job, but I do not always get the feeling that finding a job is their most important task. 

I tell my students that they should approach assigned tasks with all flags flying, all bells ringing, and all whistles blowing.  What I do I mean?  I believe that it is critical that individuals approach priority tasks with dedication, energy and enthusiasm.  Someone has said that a major trait of executive leadership is a propensity for action.

While visiting my granddaughter in September, I met her roommate who was actively on the computer requesting interviews for potential jobs.  Her dedication to finding a job was most impressive since she will not graduate until May!

I encourage job seekers to make finding a job number one on your “to do” list and get about your task!

Please share with readers of this blog or email me at glynjordan@gmail.com your feeling about energy and your job search.      

Thanks.   Glyn
 

2 comments:

  1. Very interesting article that you’ve posted. Found the views to be quite informative and useful fr every job seeker. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Finding a job requires focus and a great deal of luck!

    ReplyDelete