Thursday, April 26, 2012

When Smooth Sailing Changes to Turbulent Seas!

For almost our entire cruise the seas have been quite calm.  One day it seemed like we were moving on glass, but last night things changed unexpectedly, at least for me.  The winds began to howl, our cabin began to roll, and closet doors began to open and close with no assistance.

So what could I do?  Secure open doors and hold on to the walls as I moved around the cabin.  Sea-sick pills were available at the front desk, but I neglected to grab me some yesterday.

 I am wondering if this situation on the high seas is a metaphor for individuals at work or seeking work.  When things get rough, what actions should you take?  When you lose your job and have problems finding another one, what is your plan?

There are many suggestions and ideas that you can find among the blogs that I have posted here.  Perhaps a review of these ideas may prepare you for a possible unexpected storm.  They are not sick-pills, but they may be helpful if a storm arrives.

Please comment in this blog or email me at glynjordan@gmail.com with your suggestions for readers when they hear or see storm warnings.



Thanks!

Glyn




No comments:

Post a Comment