Wednesday, April 4, 2012

Observations from Singapore



What a beautiful city, Singapore!  Staying at the new Marine Bay Sands Singapore, we have great views of downtown, the marina, the bay.  Opening last year, the ArtScience Museum at Bay Sands presents the Titanic Artfact Exhibition and an Andy Warhol Exhibit.  Since this blog is not a travel log, suffice to say that this is a city to visit!

While having brunch at Krazy burger, I visited with its manager. The restaurant reminded me of Chili’s and Snuffers in Dallas. I asked him about local employment.  He told me that it is difficult for merchants to find and employ Singapore citizens; however, there was an abundance of foreigners who were seeking jobs.  I inquired if he would hire me; in response, he said that I would have to be represented by an agency that would have to get approval from the Singapore government.  Consequently, we decided to take our cruise to Cape Town.

I found it interesting that like the US, there are many people who would like to immigrate to another country to improve their lives and that they are willing to work for lower wages than Singapore citizens.

As mentioned in a previous blog, the book Getting Jobs by Glyn Jordan is available on Amazon or at this link: http://www.createspacecom/3780516.  If you have a friend or relative seeking employment, this book will aid them in his/her search!

Please comment in this blog or email me at glynjordan@gmail.com concerning the employment of foreign nationals.

Thanks!

Glyn

No comments:

Post a Comment