Sunday, May 9, 2010

Thanks to All Mothers – Especially Working Mothers

I remember when I started first grade at the age of five, my mother returned to college – Baylor University. She had been helping my father on the farm by driving a tractor. My mother’s dad observed her and told her that she had much more potential than driving a tractor and that he expected more for her.

This was the day my mother began actions that resulted in her entering school at Baylor University. She spent many years, teaching first graders, raising her son, and being a homemaker. I frankly do not know how she did it. She attended night school one night a week, traveling to attend three hours of class and returning late at night in time to sleep a few hours before making our breakfast and returning to the classroom. Her summer vacation consisted of classes five days a week at Baylor. My mother completed her BS and MS degrees in Elementary Education! Generations of Hubbard first grade students were her pupils.

I am very proud of my mother’s dedication and drive to improve herself, provide for her family, and teach hundreds of students who still remember her with great appreciation and admiration.

Please share your thoughts about your mother with other readers of this blog.

Thanks! Glyn

No comments:

Post a Comment