Wednesday, May 26, 2010

Maintain Qualified Work and Personal References

I provided job counseling today to several out of work individuals. Two of my clients had lost their jobs because of absence from work or inability to adequately perform their jobs.

I asked them if they had a reference from their previous employer. They said that they had lost contact with employees that they knew. One client said that the employees she knew had left the organization and she had no contact information. One client told me that her only reference was her husband.

My advice to them was that they should attempt to contact someone who could provide a creditable reference. I believe that almost all hiring organizations will ask applicants for a reference from a previous employer. 


My suggestion to all readers of this blog is that they negotiate business and personal references. One never knows when the unemployment event may occur.

Please share how you have obtained employment references from a previous job with readers of this blog.


Thanks! Glyn

No comments:

Post a Comment