Monday, November 16, 2009

Playing Hooky

In an article in the November 15, 2009, issue of The Dallas Morning News, page 1J, “Economy not Helping Absenteeism”, by Amy Winter, Creators Syndicate, suggests that workers have no shame about coming up with unique lies for missing work. Here are a few creative examples of excuses for missing work:

1. I got sunburned at a nude beach and can’t wear clothes.
2. I woke up in Canada.
3. Someone threw poison ivy in my face and now I have a rash.
4. I was injured catching a sea gull.
5. I accidentally hit a nun with my motorcycle.
6. I got caught selling an alligator.
7. I broke my tooth while eating a taco.
8. I have a headache from eating hot peppers.
9. A bee flew in my mouth.
10. My mom said I was not allowed to go to work today.

Please comment in this blog with your favorite excuse for missing work.

Thanks! Glyn

No comments:

Post a Comment