Sunday, June 23, 2013

A New Classroom


I spent several days this week in online school learning to use the University of Phoenix’s new classroom system that is being implemented for graduate and undergraduate classes both for online and on-ground modalities.

My question was what is wrong with the system that we have used successfully for several years.  I heard several of my fellow faculty members expressing their displeasure having to spend many hours dealing with a new method of teaching.  However, in this class I learned to use new teaching tools and strategies that well be beneficial to both students and faculty.

This exercise got me thinking about all working people.  Are our jobs changing?  Do we need to go back to school to learn new ways for doing these jobs?

I think that the answer is yes!  Our lives continue to change.  Innovations in systems and methods continue to evolve and so do the related jobs.  For individuals that continue to resist change, I ask them where they tie-up their horses when they report to work.

What is the message in this blog?  Return to school and learn how to use your New Classroom.  Embrace these new ways of work and never look back.  History is the past the future is on its way.     

Please comment in this blog or email me at glynjordan@gmail.com if you are learning to use your New Classroom.


Thanks, Glyn!

No comments:

Post a Comment