Sunday, August 28, 2011

Questions for the Interviewer


In an article in The Dallas Morning News – August 28, 2011, edition on page 1J, “What’s in a Question” by Cliff Garinn, he responds to this question posed by a reader: “What kind of question should I ask during an interview?”

Here are the suggested questions provided by Garinn:

1.    What exactly does this company value the most and do you think my work for you will further these values?

2.    In what area could your team use a little polish?

3.    Can you describe the company’s culture?

4.    Who will I report to?

5.    How will you measure my success? What will have happened six months from now that will demonstrate that have met your expectations?

6.    This job sounds like something I’d really like to do – is there a fit?

7.    What attracts you to this company and what brings you back?

Personally, I am not sure that questions 1, 2, 6, and 7 are appropriate, but that is just me.  However, I do think that it is important for an applicant to exhibit genuine interest in the opportunity by asking questions. 
  
Please share your suggested questions for an interviewer with readers of this blog. 

Thanks!

Glyn    

No comments:

Post a Comment