Sunday, October 31, 2010

Using Your Own Home Computer for Employment



An article on Page 1J in The Dallas Morning News in the October 31, 2010, edition “The Benefits of Teleworking” by Metro Creative Connection discusses the advantages of using the Internet by organizations and employees. While I do not think that this article breaks any new ground, it reminds me that many of us now earn some income by working at home.  I teach online classes for the University of Phoenix.   

Frequently we see the term telecommuting; however, the term teleworking is a new one to me.  I believe the terms basically have the same meaning -- doing work for pay remotely from an organization’s offices.  Anyway, perhaps you job seekers that are proficient in using the Internet should seek such opportunities.  I am thinking that this mode of work may be an avenue for employment for individual with disabilities and/or individuals living remotely from an organization’s operations.     

What do you think of pursing this type of employment opportunities?  If you are doing telecommuting, please share your experience with readers of this blog.
Thanks!    Glyn    

No comments:

Post a Comment