Tuesday, October 26, 2010

“Leaving the Workplace Can Help Spark New Talents and a New Career”



An article on Page R1 in The Wall Street Journal on October 25, 2010, by Kelly Green, “Find Your Inner Artist”, got me thinking about life beyond full time jobs. I know that many of us older folks still do part-time work.  I am a teacher at the University of Phoenix. Others may do consulting.

However, more free time can be applied to fulfilling activities. One example is my writing this blog which hopefully is read by some.   A friend has just published his first novel – a long time dream.  Others devote time and energies to volunteer organizations.  The cited article provides three examples: a stock analyst turned songwriter, a teacher turned painter, and a clothing rep turned collage artist.

I encourage readers of this blog who have retired to share how they may have realized their passions and become an inner artist.     

Thanks!    Glyn    


No comments:

Post a Comment