Monday, January 25, 2010

Where there is Smoke …..

The Dallas Morning News in an article on page 1J in its January 24, 2010, issue, “Don’t Let Your Looks Blow Your Interview” by NewsUSA provides some suggestions for proper interview dress.

However, I am thinking that proper hygiene is also very important. One should give attention to his/her fingernails, facial hair, piercing, and hair. Another factor is one’s breath. While I am not a bigot about smoking, I am not hiring at this time. I think that the scent of smoke on one’s breath or clothes is an indication of a smoking habit. HR managers may be alert to signs of future health problems and related insurance premiums.


Please comment in this blog particularly if you think that I am off-base with this posting.


Thanks!     Glyn

No comments:

Post a Comment