Monday, August 10, 2009

Glyn's Background

I was born in Hubbard, Texas, which was my home town until my high school graduation in 1955. I attended Texas Tech University for two years then transferred to the University of Texas in Austin along with my fiancee, Ann Manning, my wife of 50th years.

After six months in the US Corps of Engineers as a second lieutenant at Ft. Belvoir, Virginia, I joined Collins Radio in Dallas. Three years later I began my 15 year career with IBM. My professional career also includes jobs with Equimatics, Systems Programming Resources and my own companies: Strategic Staff Services and MOD_2000, Inc. I will share job search experiences as I moved from organization to organization.

During careers with the above organizations, I was a university lecturer at SMU, TCU, UT Arlington, UT Dallas, Amberton University, and the Univeristy of Phoenix, where I continue to teach online and onground courses. My formal education includes a BBA from UT Austin, MBA from SMU, and a Ph.d. from UT Dallas.

My volunteer activities include SCORE, North Dallas Shared Ministries, and Highland Park United Methodist Church.

My family has expanded to include my wife Ann, son Andrew and his wife Mandy, daughter Amy and her husband Phil. Most important are our grandchildren Jordan, Alicia, Dashiell, Manning, and Sarah.




2 comments:

  1. By far, one of the very best methods to gain employment is networking. There are many ways to do this, and it's essential to create your own personal networking strategy, including close and regular contacts. It's important, also, to include other business acquaintances, especially people with clients (e.g., lawyers, accountants, advertising agencies). Other personal acquaintances include community, charities, civic, church, friends, family, folks in your neighborhood, former classmates, fraternity/sorority, etc. There are many local workshops to assist in locating employment and most are free and include networking.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I encourage all readers to share the names and contact information for organizations that provide assistance to job seekers.

    ReplyDelete