Sunday, December 28, 2014

What Will You Do When You Grow-up?


An article in the December 27, 2014, of The Dallas Morning News, “My job has been a privilege, passion” by James Ragland got my attention about selecting and pursuing a career. 

With 30 years The News, Ragland reminisced about becoming a journalist. After considering law school, he took an internship with the newspaper where he found his passion.  Ragland says that doing something that you are passionate about is a common thread among successful folks.

How does one find such a job?  I remember when I was in high school someone ask me what I was going to do with my life.  I said that I wanted to be a success.  I thought I should be an engineer since I was fairly good at math.  However, a course in drawing led me to believe that I was not passionate about sitting at a drafting table.  I found my passion in computers and education.

It is difficult for a person to know how he/she should earn a living.  Many are fortunate and follow in a parent’s vocation or pursue God given skills and talents in the arts; others have no clue.  My advice to others is to get a job that is your passion; if it’s not, then keep on looking!

 Please describe your job that you have found to be your passion by posting on this bIog or emailing at mailto:glynjordan@gmail.com.   

 Thanks!  Glyn

No comments:

Post a Comment