Sunday, December 11, 2011

A Time to Share!

As we enter December, we begin seeing opportunities for us to help the less fortunate.  Many organizations have Christmas Trees with the names of children as well as senior adults attached with a message containing individual wishes for Christmas.  What is special about this season of the year?

I personally begin thinking of family traditions and my father, mother, and brother who are no longer with us.  I have many memories of visits by Santa Claus and surprises presents.  This Christmas my wife and I will enjoy the company of our son, daughter, their wife and husband, and five wonderful grandchildren.  We are all in good health and have fulfilling lives.  We are blessed.
I know for the unemployed this is a difficult time.  Funds to purchase gifts may be limited and feelings of self-pity may creep-in.  My suggestion is that you seek others who are less fortunate and be a friend to them with acts of kindness such as serving meals and giving clothing.  Everyone appreciates being told that their friendship is important.

Please share with readers of this blog your special memories of the season.   

Thanks.

Glyn








No comments:

Post a Comment