Sunday, February 6, 2011

Being Successful!



An article in the Dallas Morning News on February 6, 2011, page 1J “Tap Your Strengths and Experience when Changing Careers” by Metro Creative Connection provides suggestions to job seekers who seek to change their careers.  The article quoting The Conference Board states 61 percent of workers under 25 are unhappy with their job and that less than 45 percent of workers ages 45 to 54 are satisfied with their jobs.

I remember when I was in high school, someone asked me what I wanted be.  I said that I wanted to be a success.  Some 56 or so years later, I still think that being successful is a worthy ambition. “Happiness is a state of mind or feeling characterized by contentment, love, satisfaction, pleasure, or joy.” (Cambridge Advanced Learner's Dictionary). Perhaps we spend too much time seeking happiness and not enough time becoming successful.

In another blog I will discuss ideas for changing careers or vocations.       

Please share with job seekers how you have been successful.

Thanks!  Glyn    

No comments:

Post a Comment